Tuesday, February 12, 2013

ABNA Contest Results, Round One (Coming Soon!)

Ahh!  The results of the first round of the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award come out tomorrow (on or around tomorrow, according to their site).  They're narrowing the 10,000 pitches down to 400 for each category (so about 2,000 out of the original 10,000 will move on to round two).  Stay tuned to see if the pitch for my novel makes it!  I want it to, but I also don't.  If it doesn't move on, I'll be able to edit the book again and then start sending it to agents.  If it does make it, I'll get my hopes up about winning the whole contest, and the odds of that happening are extremely low, so it's probably best if I just get eliminated from the contest sooner than later.

Also, my husband and daughter are flying to PA for his family.  There were two completely unexpected and unrelated deaths in his family this past weekend.  I know they'll appreciate him being there, and I hope my daughter will help lift some spirits while she's there.  I'm staying behind to watch the dog.  Having this kind of free time is difficult to cope with!


No comments:

Post a Comment