Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Something to write about..

Since I was a little girl, I have been writing in journals for myself about myself. I haven't ever stopped writing in journals and even though I have had years here and there where I spend a few months away from the journal, I have stayed faithful. At some point-during college, I think-I got the insatiable urge to become a real writer. Now...at age 27, happily married and pregnant with my first child, I am in the middle of my third writing project. This doesn't mean the first two projects are finished-far from it, unfortunately. I have a terrible habit of starting things and not finishing them. Wait, that's not true at all...I have a great work ethic and give every task (at my job) my all...I also have that sort of ambition when it comes to schoolwork. For some reason though, I can't get myself to focus a sufficient amount of that ambition towards what I want more than anything else for my life...to be a real writer. And so maybe if I write a little bit to this void, I'll remind myself a little bit everyday how badly I want this for myself. And maybe that will get me through to the end of this project...regardless of what happens from there, I want to see the beginning, middle, AND end of a novel I have written.

No comments:

Post a Comment