Sunday, January 27, 2013

Taking a Breather

I finished editing my book yesterday!!  YAY!!!  I actually did a little cheering in the car ride home from Barnes N Noble, I was so happy.  It's in the hands of my two volunteer readers.  Dan (friend in Louisiana) and my sister.  I think Dan started it already, I'm not sure about my sister.  I was having a lot of second thoughts on what I thought of it when I was getting towards the end of the edits but the last two chapters renewed my confidence.  There's obviously still a much greater chance that the whole book will be awful, but I feel good about it right now.

I feel good about everything right now.  I'm about to go to Barnes N Noble to read for fun.  It's such a weird feeling, having so little I want to get done each day...I mean, it hasn't even been a full 24 hours since I finished it, but it honestly does feel strange.  I still have jewelry to make...I have two items to fire tonight, one of which I would like to photograph and list in my shop tomorrow.  Otherwise, it's just potty training (we're trying out 'naked time' and today was the first attempt...it went well!  She pooped and peed on the floor, but I felt a bizarre sense of accomplishment that a diaper was spared), cleaning, playing with the kiddo, and praying I get a job.

That's all for now!

Oh, and the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Awards close today...so I got my book submitted in time, all edited and everything.  Yay!


Update--the ABNA contest got their 10,000 submissions...they closed about an hour ago...PHEW!!! So glad I made the extra effort to complete this yesterday...I was afraid that they might close earlier today.  All those last minute submissions going in at the end of the weekend...so the first round has begun and they pick the top 2,000 pitches out of the 10,000 they've received.  Here's my most up to date pitch, and the one I'll be judged on in the first round of this contest:


Melanie Foster was finishing up her junior year of high school, enjoying the last moments of class, savoring the warmth of the early summer afternoon, and replaying the moment that her long-time crush asked her on her first real date.  

Her life takes an unanticipated turn for the worse when she returns home from the date to discover her house left in disarray and her parents gone.  A strange voicemail left by her mother during the kidnapping forces Melanie to question everyone, even herself.  

Melanie is thrown into an extraordinary adventure of love, loss, deceit, and despair when she is introduced to a new world, one explained to her as the original planet inhabited by human beings. Her grip on reality is tested when she learns that her world is only the Third Earth discovered and populated by humans in a process known as the Earths Project.  

After learning that her parents are actually scientists working on the Earths Project, Melanie is sent on a mission to the place where they are being held, the dangerous and unstable Second Earth. Eager to help rescue her mother and father, Melanie finds herself tasked with the unexpected role of saving her entire planet. 

The Earths Project- Book One, First Earth is the just the beginning of a journey through worlds of possibility that will leave the reader gazing up at the stars wondering...what if?

No comments:

Post a Comment