Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I am in a terrible mood, the word literally, and some curse words

This is one of those days where I'm angry about everything.  A series of events out of my control have made me go from lighthearted and optimistic to moody and depressed.  It's trickling into everything.  I have lost all confidence in my writing.  I have lost all motivation to get anything accomplished.  And I'm only writing a tiny bit in this blog post because it has become habit.

My poor dog is sick and had an enormous and disgusting accident in our office...which is carpeted...so while I was cleaning up his shit, I was thinking "the term 'what a shitty day' must have originated from somebody who was literally cleaning shit all day'.

And I hate the word 'literally' because I'm a serial user of this word and I know that 99% of the time, I'm using it wrong.  And it's becoming one of those words that people are targeting as being commonly misused.  It's only a matter of time before someone calls me out on it.  I don't care though, because that's the kind of mood I'm in.  Guess what people...I'm using it sarcastically.  Even if I'm not technically allowed to, so what.  Deal with it.  I LITERALLY use the word all the time.  And I literally can't stop.  And knowing I'm using it wrong makes me literally use it more.

So go F yourself world.  For judging my use of the word literally and for making my dog shit all over the carpet.  I'm vowing to be unproductive for the rest of the evening.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment