Saturday, July 20, 2013

Journal and Editing Update

8/21/96

Diary, today I woke up to rain!  I hope I don't tomorrow! (We're going to Hershey!).  I haven't ran for 2 days and I can't tomorrow or the next day!  At least I'll get exercise from swimming and walking.
   Did you ever think rain comes from something other than precipitation?  Maybe it comes from God.  He might be crying.  I hope he's not sad.  I wonder why he's crying over us and not some other country?  one of the houses in our country must have done something wrong. 
                           Millie
Diary, I went to the open house today.  It sucked.  Actually, it wasn't that bad but it was a waste of time!  Guess what my parents said we're not going tomorrow!  Just kiddin :D!  Gotta go!
         
                          Millie

 
This isn't something I talk about much or tell too many people (especially not religious people).  I'm atheist.  I have been since sometime in high school and I was for longer than I admitted to myself.  Obviously, I wasn't when I was 13.  When I was around that age, I was very religious.  I would pray every time I heard a fire engine or an ambulance.  I prayed for my sister constantly.  I didn't do any bible reading or much church attending, but I believed with my whole heart.  Then, somewhere along the way, I started to think more about everything in a less faithful and more logical way.  I'm not saying that what I believe is undoubtedly true, but I can't see how there truly is a God.  I don't even believe in a higher power.  I'm straight out atheist.  And unless someone reads this blog post or chats about religion with me while I'm drinking or vulnerable, you probably wouldn't know that.  It's something I consider to be personal.  And there's a very good chance that I'll someday edit this post to delete this paragraph, but for right now, I figured I'd fess up.  I censored enough from the journal so far, I don't want to censor how I feel about these 17 year old entries.  I still worry for people and hope for things, but I don't pray.  My worrying and hoping feels the same.

Today, I edited 2 pages.  I finished Chapter 9, which is exciting because I'm in the double digit chapters now :)

So...

Page 47 of 155.

Hope you're having a lovely Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment